West Park, Fl September 19, 2021, 4:02 pm Weather data from Open Weather Map

Vehicle Release

In the event that your vehicle has been impounded by a police department, the following is a general guideline of the necessary paperwork you will need in order to claim your vehicle.


  • Registered Owner must be present, if owner is not, or cannot be present, you must have notarized power of attorney to release vehicle.

  • Valid Photo ID: Driver’s License and/or Government Issued Photo Identification Card (passport, military ID card, state issued ID card).

  • Proof of Ownership: Original vehicle title or Valid Vehicle Registration.

If a “HOLD” has been placed on your vehicle by any police agency, you must obtain a release from that agency before the vehicle can be released.


  • El dueño registrado debe estar presente, si el dueño no puede estar, usted necesita un poder notarizado para reclamar el vehículo.

  • Identificación Válida con foto: Licencia para conducir o Documento de identificación expedido por el gobierno como pasaporte, tarjeta militar, ó tarjeta de identificación expedida por el Estado.

  • Registración Válida: es obligatorio presentar el título del vehículo ó la registración del vehículo vigente.

Si el vehículo se encuentra en “HOLD” por requerimiento de algún departamento de policía, debe obtener certificación del agente de policía para que el “HOLD” sea removido del vehículo.

Download Vehicle Release Form